Would you like to post something here?

If you have any connection to the San Francisco Bay Area music scene, Beserkley Records, Rather Ripped Records, KSAN, etc. during the 60s, 70s and 80s, you've probably heard of or met Gary Phillips, a.k.a. Gary Philippet.

Or you may have known Gary from Spokane or
Penrith Farms in Newport, Washington.

Your thoughts, memories, etc. are very welcome on this blog!

Please feel free to email your posts and any photos or audio clips to

bigfan@[REMOVETHIS]garyphilippet.com.

Your requests or suggestions for improvement are
gratefully accepted as well.
- Thanks!

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Praise from Tom S.

Hello.

I only just now, as I type this, about Gary. While I never met the man personally, I have heard several great things about him. As I know a lot of people who did and/or were connected to them. It's too bad I never met the cat, as I heard he lived not too far from me at all.

As an unoffical collector of of all things Cipollina, I was deeply touch by the sheer raw talent of Gary. He seemed to appear to be the man who had been born with rock and roll in his blood, yet had a carefree way. His vocals were a marvel, all gritty mean and sweet and heartfelt at the same time. Along with a very sly sense of humor. All in all, Gary was very much something quite rare indeed!

I have uploaded some Copperhead recordings (legally) on the Live Music Archive found at http://www.archive.org/details/JohnCipollina) and will continue to upload some more soon. I know it's not much by them so far, but it will keep the spirit of this great musician alive! We shall not forget Gary!

While I am sad on this current, I would still like to give a big thanks for wonderful webpage available!

All the best,
-Tom S.

February 5, 2007 4:54 PM

No comments: